The Project Manager is responsible for the overall supervision and scheduling of commercial, retail, municipal, and various other civil design projects. The underlying focus of the Project Manager is to provide the utmost satisfaction to the client while ensuring projects are completed within the allocated period of time and within the budget assigned.
This position requires a BS in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field. The applicant should have exceptional communication skills, exhibit attention to detail, and be capable of managing multiple projects and multiple team members. This position requires proficiency with AutoCAD & Civil 3D program. This role requires 1+ years of experience in civil design minimum, 3-5 years of experience preferred, and has demonstrated the ability to manage design aspects while also delivering high-quality work and projects profitability. This position requires experience in civil design, writing proposals, engineering reports, writing scopes of work, and knowledge of the full life cycle of projects in their respective areas of expertise of discipline from studies to final design.
The Project Manager is expected to operate under a certain degree of independence using the staff and resources they manage to provide a high quality of service to the client. The Project Manager is directly accountable to the company President and is required to maintain strong client relationships, meet profitable goals, and ensure the project team is providing a high level of service to the client.
The specific responsibilities of the Project Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design – Oversee preparation of civil construction documents that upheld our design philosophies. Provide the client not only what is necessary from a permitting standpoint, but also with a set of documents which will allow the successful bidder to construct the project efficiently and with minimal changes in scope of work. Oversee each project and project team they manage, including sub consultants and other experts called upon to complete the project effectively and efficiently. Integration and detailed understanding of multiple key factors are considered during the course of our design. The following is brief list of some of the key factors:
- Municipal regulations and requirements
- Client dictated criteria
- Sensitivity to costs and schedules
- Construct-ability of the design
- Recurring maintenance
- Client satisfaction
- Permitting & Entitlements -The Project Manager is expected to work closely with our Project Engineers when pursuing state and other municipal approvals. The Project Manager may be expected to represent the firm and the client through multiple entitlement processes, if required by the project. Those processes include, but are not limited to:
- Rezoning Meetings
- Variance Requests
- Annexation Requests
- Neighborhood Meetings
- Any/All Jurisdictional Processes
- Client Representatives
- Project Engineers
- AutoCAD Designers/Drafters
If interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to: